The Oculus Quest from Facebook is one of the best add-ons you can get to spice up your virtual reality gaming experience.
Here's a simplified set-up guide to help you get an immersive all-in-one experience from your Oculus Quest headset.
What's Included in an Oculus Quest Kit
The Oculus Quest kit comes with a VR headset and two Touch controllers with an AA battery. It also comes with a glasses spacer, a charging cable, and a power adapter.
How to Set-up Your Oculus Quest Headset
To fully set up your headset, you need to explore the gadget itself, the software, and the navigation. Here are the steps you need to follow to get your headset ready.
Once you unpack your headset, it's time to make sure it fits. Follow the steps below to adjust your headset.
- Put on your headset and slide the two velcro straps on either side. Pulling the straps makes them tighter while pushing them makes them looser.
- You can take off your headset and place the glasses spacer on its inner side.
The glasses spacer gives your headset extra room, preventing your glasses from bumping into the headset's lenses
The Oculus Quest Headset runs on the Oculus App. The headset also has a VR space to set up and controls that you need to understand to use it effectively. Below are the basic steps to get this done.
- Download the Oculus App for Android and iOS.
- Sign in to the app using your Facebook account.
- Find and press the power button on the right side of the headset to power it up.
- Put your headset on and allow it to load until you can see your real-life surroundings in black and white.
- Once it loads, you will see a pop-up window directing you to mark your play space.
- Take your remote controllers, and use them to make the boundaries that define your play space.
The boundaries for your play space appear as blue lines on your VR game.
After setting up your headset, its software, and your play space, you will need to understand how to navigate its dashboard. Navigation for the Oculus Quest headset is straightforward, and the steps below will help you find all you need.
- Open the universal menu and browse the library with installed games by clicking the Oculus icon button using the trigger on your main touch control.
- Adjust the volume using the volume button on the bottom right side of your headset
- Use the vision adjustment button on the bottom right side of the headset to adjust or shift between lenses.
The Oculus Quest headset is a must-have for anyone looking for the thrill of VR gaming. It is comfortable, easy to set up, and gives a high-quality touch to virtual reality games.
So there you have it, how to use Oculus Quest – VR Guide. Let us know in the comments below or over on our socials here!