We’ve reviewed the leading sportsbooks that cater to Canadians, and have handpicked the top 3 best sports betting websites.
How We Identify the Best Canadian Sportsbooks
Betting options, software platform, and the speed of payouts are some of the most important factors that we consider. Other variables that we consider:
- Legitimacy: We review where the sportsbook is licensed and how well regulated it is..
- Safety: Encryption systems such as SSL, security of KYC documents, and ensuring that your credit card details and private details are safely secured.
- Finding the best odds: Gambling is a competitive market, and sportsbooks strive to offer competitive odds that attract bettors. We only list reputable sportsbooks that offer competitive odds.
Top 3 Canadian Betting Sites
There is a sea of online sports betting sites that cater to Canadian players, these are the top sportsbooks that cater to all Canadian provinces.
Bodog is one of the oldest online sites that emerged on the gambling scene in 1994, currently licensed by Antigua and Barbuda. Canadian bettors prefer Bodog since it is one of the oldest operating sportsbooks having been established in 1994. They offer the option to bet on all major sports including of course the NHL, MLB, NBA, CFL, NFL, and UFC fights. They also offer one of the top casinos in the industry.
When preparing to make a deposit there are a myriad of deposit options including credit cards and popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
Unfortunately, no dedicated mobile app is available. Even though, the responsive design enables easy navigation on a mobile device.
Bodog is a trustworthy online platform with an online casino and a racebook while placing a bet is easy and fast.
Canadian bettors have a homerun with Sports Interaction. The gambling site offers hundreds of sporting leagues to bet on including all NHL regular season and play-off games. Of course you can also choose to wager on a wide variety of other sports including baseball, football, golf, tennis, and boxing.
Licensed by the Jersey Commission in the UK and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission in Canada, the gambling platform is a legitimate betting site. Security is covered on several fronts, enabling players to enjoy the 100% sign-up bonus.
Its customer support is top-notch with professional agents that respond promptly to inquiries. On the other hand, deposit and withdrawal options are standard, although there have been some complaints about the payout speeds.
Sports Interaction has earned its reputation as a leading sportsbook in Canada.
If on the lookout for a sportsbook with an all-inclusive offer, BetOnline can satisfy that need. The sportsbook gets compartmentalized by sports that can get played with straight bets, point spared, Moneyline, with notable futures and props. Bettors searching for an option to wager on live events will be happy to join BetOnline.
Canadian bettors gravitate to the platform because of the fair odds, consistent lines, and regular promotions. One option is the Crypto Bonus, which means that for deposits with cryptocurrency, bettors get rewarded with a 100% bonus. Actually, the betting site was among the first to adopt the crypto hype. Additional promotions include a reload bonus and refer- a- friend bonus.
Most bonuses get activated with a deposit made with a variety of payment providers, and users generally don’t have problems with funding accounts.
BetOnline is available on mobile through a mobile internet browser. However, there isn’t an app to download.
Sportsbooks Betting Types
Most betting types relate to the score of a game, but sportsbooks try to make things interesting. Players can make wagers on which team will win, the number of scored points, and the margin of victory.
- In-play bet: Some bookmakers call it live betting, yet the concept is the same – bettors have an opportunity to make wagers while a game is active. In live betting the odds change during the match.
- The point spread: Betting sites like to encourage action on both sides, and the point spread makes it possible to place a wager on an underdog, while they still expect them to lose. The point spread allows players to guess the numerical point separation between the teams. For example, when a team gets favored by 4.5 points, they will need to score 5 or more points to cover the spread.
- Proposition bets: Prop betting is a relatively new option and the principle is that bettors get propositioned with a question. For example, Will Kevin Durant score 40 points in tonight’s game?
- Over/Under bets: The over/under bet forecasts the total score of both teams, but also the number of points scored in a half. Players select if the final score will be over or under the offered average.
The best sportsbooks deliver the full coverage of North American sports leagues. From major leagues such as the NHL, NBA, NFL, CFL, and MLB to the global soccer championships, they’re are all present in the sports catalog. Before registering on the platform and making a deposit, bettors should check available sports.
The formula for selecting the best betting site depends on a few parameters, such as betting types, promotions, payment methods, and security features. Platforms that rank high in these categories can provide a satisfactory gambling experience for Canadian bettors.
How do I Know a Sportsbook Has a License?
All of the betting sites in our list have a valid license issued by reputable regulatory bodies. The license information gets displayed at the bottom of every site’s landing page. Making sure a site is legitimate is a priority for bettors.
What Info Do I Have to Reveal during a Registration?
Sportsbooks require bettors to submit personal information like name, date of birth, address, email, and phone number. Most betting sites will also request identification documents that prove identity, especially during withdrawals.
What Sports Can I Bet on?
It would be easier to list sports that are not available. Sportsbooks offer mainstream leagues and individual sports, but also niche disciplines. The difference is in the markets that are covered. Yet, as an unofficial rule, local sports leagues are represented.