First patch notes of the official launch of Valorant. Update 1.0 arrived on public servers this Tuesday and has important news and adjustments. In addition to the arrival of the new agent Reyna and the new Ascent map, Riot Games implemented adjustments, between nerfs and buffs, in Sage, Omen, Phoenix, Raze and Jett. In addition, there was the inclusion of the new Spike Dispute game mode. Minor changes in the central part of the Split map and optimizations to decrease the drop in FPS, with emphasis on the various bug fixes.
New map: Ascent
One of the novelties of the launch of Valorant in its final version is the Ascent map. The Riot Games FPS room. After Bind, Haven and Split, which were available in the Closed Beta, this is set in Italy. It will be more common in the rotation of the next few days, so that players get used to it and have more opportunities to play in it.
According to the update notes released by Riot Games, Ascent “has a large open central area where the two teams can face each other. The environment is a territory for the use of different skills, and successfully controlling the area opens up additional routes. to Spike’s two points for Attackers “.
- Expanded the new system that combats map exploits for all maps. It will eradicate anyone who tries to leave the game space.
- Level collision repair continued to improve the smoothness of the game mechanics space.
- Drawing call optimizations completed.
- The blocking continues to points of the Cypher Surveillance Camera that prevented moves.
Game mechanics and balancing
- Healing Orb cooldown increased from 35 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Barrier Orb segment health reduced from 1000 to 800.
- Barrier Orb duration reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Allied Barrier Orb walls now appear on the minimap.
- Maximum Explosive Charge damage radius reduced from 2 meters to 1 meter.
- Mist Eruption smoke duration increased from 4 seconds to 7 seconds.
- Boost Breeze automatically breaks Cypher’s Trap Wires after being quickly revealed.
- Flare duration increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Flare went from 15 every 0.25 seconds to 1 every 0.033 seconds.
- Healing went from 3 every 0.25 seconds to 1 every 0.16 seconds.
- Hot Hand Healing went from 3 every 0.25 seconds to 1 every 0.08 seconds.
- Maximum duration of the Curve Ball flash increased from 0.8 seconds to 1.1 seconds.
- Rebirth reloads all weapons in the resurgence.
Competitive mode update
Just as it was done in the Closed Beta, Riot Games plans that the overall game service will be stable before enabling competitive match management. It will also be a way to give new players the same chance to learn the game before entering competitively. Finally, the developer stated that the plan is to activate competitive mode in some updates after the game’s release.
- Competitive mode will not be available at launch.
HUD and Interface
- Added visual effects to skills, killing counts and ceremonies (for example, Ace or Clutch).
- Updated the look of Spike in the inventory.
- Armor icons in the store.
- Character portraits.
- Message regulation added so that only one chat message is sent when multiples of the same ping or voice command are used quickly.
Bug fixes in the Client
- Fixed some visual errors in the settings menu.
- Fixed a bug in window mode that prevented the Valorant window from saving the position correctly.