Game Pass users are about to feel the sheer power of Microsoft and their long arm of almighty exclusives. Thanks to the Xbox and Bethesda showcase that took place during E3 yesterday, Xbox fans were able to catch a glimpse of what’s to come for the subscription service. And let me tell you — the next upload will be an absolute beast.
Of all the trailers the two factions unveiled during the lengthy showcase, a large portion of them gleamed with eight words we all wanted to gawp over: play it day one with Xbox Game Pass. Of course, we would’ve been happy just seeing a couple strewn from the bucket, but no — Xbox went on to plaster the statement on ninety percent of their reveals. But these weren’t your box-standard indies that would’ve flown under the radar should they not have sealed the place on the platform. These were, amazingly enough, big games — with even bigger fan bases to bolster them.
What games will be coming to Game Pass — 2021
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Console/PC (Now)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Console/PC (June 22nd, 2021)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Xbox Series X|S (July 27th, 2021)
- The Ascent Console/PC (July 29th, 2021)
- Hades Console/PC (August 13th, 2021)
- Twelve Minutes Console/PC (August 19th, 2021)
- Psychonauts 2 Console/PC (August 25th, 2021)
- Aragami 2 Console/PC (September 17th, 2021)
- Sable Console/PC (September 2nd, 2021)
- The Anacrusis Console/PC (Spring, 2021)
- Scorn Console/PC (Spring, 2021)
- Back4Blood Console/PC (October 12th, 2021)
- Age of Empires IV PC (October 28th, 2021)
- Forza Horizon 5 Console/PC (November 9th, 2021)
- Shredders Console/PC (December 2021)
- Halo Infinite Console/PC (Holiday 2021)
- Among Us Console/PC (2021)
- Hello Neighbour 2 Console/PC (2021)
- The Gunk Console/PC (2021)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl (April 28th, 2022)
- Somerville (2022)
- Starfield (November 11th, 2022)
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (TBA)
- Atomic Heart (TBA)
- Redfall (TBA)
- Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes (TBA)
- Eiyuden Chronicle Rising (TBA)
- Contraband (TBA)
- Party Animals (TBA)
- Replaced (TBA)
- Slime Rancher 2 (TBA)
- Outer Worlds 2 (TBA)
Well played, Xbox…
Quite the upload, eh? Of course, a few indie hidden gems were revealed during the presentation, though we didn’t expect to see them running alongside the likes of Forza Horizon 5, Starfield and A Plague Tale: Requiem. But then, with how Microsoft is handling the wealthy catalogue of evolving titles, it almost comes as no surprise these days. Either way, a $9.99 monthly subscription seems like an absolute steal with the amount of content being flushed into it.
Xbox has set the stage for the future of gaming, and Game Pass is a seriously chunky part of it. That’s good news all around for Xbox fans, of course. And Sony? Well, let’s just say we wouldn’t be all surprised if a few gamers were poached after last nights mega upload. Well played, Microsoft.
You can pick up a subscription to Game Pass for $9.99 a month. Oh, and if you’re new to the service, now might be a great time to snatch the 3 months for $1 deal.