Released this Thursday by Epic Games, Fortnite Patch 14.10 brought great news. Among the main highlights are the inclusion of the Stark Industries, several new powers, Galactus’ appearance and a new Marvel themed Limited Time Mode (MTL). The update is available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch platforms.
After a few leaks, Fortnite fans had a vision of what’s to come in Fortnite Patch 14.10. Epic Games as expected did not hesitate to add more Marvel Comics characters and skills. Players could try Dr. Doom’s Arcane and Mystic Bomb Gauntlets, Groot’s Bramble Shield and Silver Surfer’s Surfboard. Each of them has its own unique concept. Now we can add a few more to Mythic Marvel’s growing list of skills.
New Point of Interest (POI)
For now, Frenzy Farm will no longer exist. Fortnite Patch 14.10 provided players with several interesting approaches. Among them is the popular Chapter 2 location. The latest POI which is called Stark Industries introduces players to the world of Tony Stark. The new location of the Stark Industries presents Iron Man as the main antagonist of the players. New Iron Man Whiplash cars are also available exclusively from Stark Industries. These refurbished Whiplash vehicles reach 120. Be sure to drop by Stark Industries and explore the new area.
Stark Industries replaces the Frenetic Farm and was introduced in an area made up of Iron Man content. With trees in different colors and items that follow the theme line. In this case, in addition to the superhero himself as the “big boss” of the region, there are scattered energy rifles, Stark chests and superhero cars, which reach 90 kilometers per hour and do not need to be refueled.
New Mythic Abilities
In addition, several types of powers have been announced that will likely be introduced over time in the game. They are: Black Panther’s Vibranium Armor, Repulsing Cannon and Iron Man’s Repulsing Gauntlets, which are already present within the game, Wolverine’s Berserker Blow, Thor’s Flying Blow, Hulk Woman’s Crushing Jump, Hulk Woman’s Fist , Wolverine’s spinning leap and Tornado Storm jump. Epic Games had previously anticipated that it would release some unique abilities from Marvel Comic superheroes. Check out the details below.
She-Hulk Jump Smash
- Land player damage: 40
- Cooldown: 0.5
- Builds damage: 5,000
- Max charge time: 1
- Min charge for super jump: 0.16
- Smash cooldown: 0.05
- Gravity duration: 1.2
- Has LOW Health Regen
- Combo damage: 60
- Third strike damage: 120
- Builds damage: 500
- Speed Buff: x1.2
Wolverine Berserker Dash
- Damage: 50
- Builds damage: 2,000
- Cooldown: 5 seconds
Wolverine Spin Splash
- Has health regen
- Final hit damage: 100
- Builds damage: 50-250
- Players damage: 25-65
- Double hit damage: 35
- Cooldown: 0.05
- Jump duration: 0.85
- Jump height: +32
- Block health: 2,000
Storm Tornado Jump
- Builds damage: 5,000
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
- Jump height: 2,560
- Lifespan: 10 seconds
Thor Sky Strike
- Cooldown: 9 seconds
- Distance: 1,000
- Damage: 80
- Builds damage: 5,000
- Max range: 4,000
- Damage and build break radius: 378
Iron Man Repulsor Cannon
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
- Range: 20,000
- Damage: 150
- Builds damage: 200
- Boost cooldown: 15 seconds
- Boost strength: 131,300
Iron Man also drops a Mythical Unibeam Ability, which can cause damage through the player’s buildings. Some rumors circulate that the Black Panther’s Kinetic Armor is floating, however, this was not seen in the game.
HYPEX also confirmed that Wolverine’s Claws and Venom’s Smash & Grab would also appear in a future update.
Venom's Ability Stats & Sounds:
Builds Damage: 5000 pic.twitter.com/O4sYslWS8n
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) September 10, 2020
Here are some other new features in Fortntie Patch 14.10, courtesy of Epic Games developer notes sent last night:
- The Forces of Galactus Ascend: Drones from beyond the cosmos crash-landed on the Island. Take out the Gatherer Drones and you’ll be rewarded.
- A Mint-Condition LTM: Mix and match iconic superpowers from across Marvel in a new comic book crossover LTM.
- Become a Hero: New on the Item Shop, customize your own hero!
- Weekly Wolverine Challenges: Clues to Weapon X’s whereabouts, continue with new Challenges on Thursday.
- Supply Drops may sometimes not disappear off the map after being opened, persisting on both the map and mini-map.
- Using the Bifrost Glow Contrail in a match causes a drop in FPS.
- Players are unable to consume or throw fish when in the passenger seat of a car.
- The audio from an opponent’s Glider is sometimes missing after dropping from the Battle Bus. (This can cause you to be unable to hear enemies gliding above you in the early game)
- Using Silver Surfer’s Board during a match on PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch can sometimes cause a crash.
- Licensed Audio will not be muted/disabled, if this setting is selected, for Radio audio heard outside a vehicle. Entering the vehicle as a passenger or driver should properly disable the audio.