The hockey realm has reached its peak with NHL, a professional league that encompasses teams from the US and Canada. And with 1312 regular-season games, plus the playoffs, bettors have multiple opportunities to place different bets with enticing odds.
The only dilemma is what betting site provides a safe option for the next NHL bet. To help you find a reputable sportsbook, we point the spotlight on a few online betting sites.
How We Identify The Best NHL Betting Sites
Preparing a gambling strategy for the Stanley Cup begins with finding a safe sportsbook. Although, on the surface, most betting sites are similar, if you scratch deeper unique elements will come to light.
- Legitimacy: Licenses from respective jurisdictions inform bettors that a sportsbook follows regulations and is open to audits that confirm fair play practices.
- Safety & Trustworthiness: The Goaltender protects the net in ice hockey, and the responsibility for safeguarding the site on betting platforms gets entrusted to encryption systems and SSL certificates that get advertised as a padlock in the address bar.
- NHL Betting Bonuses: NHL free agents are similar to newbie bettors because both are open to recruiting. In the gambling industry, welcome bonuses with high percentages are the factor that attracts punters to join a site.
- Finding the best odds: Sportsbooks differ in the betting odds they offer, that’s why it’s advisable to compare several reputable NHL betting sites to locate odds with the best potential payouts.
Top 5 NHL Betting Sites
Vouching for the quality of a sportsbook can be tricky if the basics are not covered. Luckily, we did our homework when analyzing the best sites that cater to National Hockey League enthusiasts.
Here are some of our findings.
North American hockey fans favor BetUS, a sportsbook that for 25 years has been providing attractive odds, early lines, various betting types, lucrative promotions, with fast and reliable payouts.
BetUS is typically the first to publish its NHL betting lines and is a mobile-friendly platform with an intuitive interface. The generous 200% sign-up bonus regularly inspires new bettors to join the community and explore the numerous wagering options.
Veteran bettors have developed a perception that Bovada specializes in NHL. Hockey fans will feel right at home here, thanks to the numerous global hockey markets represented on the platform.
Bovada delivers a streamlined sportsbook with fast load speeds and an easily navigable website. Additionally, it incorporates different betting types, among which prop bets are most prominent. With the solid loyalty program and fast crypto payouts, it’s easy to understand why it has assembled a legion of hockey bettors.
The graphic layout and software code that runs BetOnline got reinvigorated a couple of years ago, and the effects are evident in the user-friendly interface. Glitch-free experience is a priority, especially for a betting site with the best Moneyline odds in the NHL scene.
Newbie bettors can choose between the 50% welcome bonus worth up to $1,000 and the 100% crypto bonus worth up to $1,000. With the appropriate deposit and credited bonus, standard betting types get boosted.
It’s not a surprise that the icy climate of Canada offers perfect conditions for hockey, a passion fueled by Sports Interaction with a comprehensive NHL betting offer.
The betting site allows only Canadian punters to play the extensive offer of betting lines. Homegrown bettors get rewarded with a 100% sign-up bonus on a deposit of up to $125. Any problems get resolved by the customer support team, that’s available on social media, live chat, email, and phone.
In the mood for prop bets about Steven Stamkos’ performance? In that case, Bodog has you covered. The Canadian betting site exclusively services only residents of the true north, with luring odds combined with various betting types.
The easy funding methods get reinforced with a 100% welcome bonus, plus several other promotions are on the repertoire for loyal bettors.
If you are in the market for a respectable NHL sportsbook, Bodog will not disappoint you.
NHL Betting Types
Hockey is not a high-scoring sport, yet several betting types get offered, and we provide the context for each of them so you can tailor a successful wagering strategy.
- Moneyline is a straightforward wager. Bettors select which hockey team will win, and that’s it. A typical example would be Vancouver Canucks -120 vs Calgary Flames +140. The minus signals a team is favored, and to win $100, bettors have to wager $120. On the other side, with a $100 bet on Calgary, the potential winning is $140.
- Puck line is the hockey variant of the point spread, and the aim is to guess the goal differential with which a team will win or lose. A standard puck line looks something like +3.5 for the underdog and -2.5 for a favorite.
- Over/Under bets allow punters to predict the total number of goals scored by both teams. In our hypothetical case of the Nashville Predators vs Dallas Stars, the betting total is 4.5, which means if you bet the under, the final score has to be 4 or less. But if you wager on the over, it has to result in 5 or more scored goals.
- Prop bets get perceived as entertaining wagers that offer imaginative questions, like which player will score the first goal? Usually, the proposition bets offer odds on a player’s performance and potential happenings in a game. The NHL playoffs are a productive soil for prop bets.
NHL 2022: What are the Odds?
Sportsbooks are autonomous in formulating the odds they provide for bettors. It’s quite normal for NHL odds to shift in the days, even hours before the hockey game, making it necessary to check regularly for updates.
Most betting sites attempt to provide competitive but realistic odds by following NHL news and making adjustments when injuries occur. That’s why experienced bettors are registered on several leading platforms and place wagers on the sportsbooks that at the moment provide the most lucrative odds for the expected outcome of NHL games.
Remaining on top of current NHL betting odds is a prerequisite for a profitable gambling endeavor.
Dialing in the perfect NHL betting strategy depends on the sportsbook you select. As a popular North American sport, hockey ranks high in betting sites catalogs, and USA & Canadian punters can gravitate to a few homegrown platforms that are appropriately licensed.
Any dilemmas about the best choice can get resolved with our comprehensive guide. It will steer you on the right course, no matter if you are a recreational bettor or a high roller, you deserve thrilling NHL betting action.
What Payment Methods Get Offered at NHL Sportsbooks?
Standard cashier options are debit and credit cards, such as Visa and MasterCard, but also PayPal, cryptocurrencies, and bank transfers.
What’s the Best NHL betting site for Canadians?
There is no universal profile for a Canadian bettor. The choice of the best sportsbook depends on personal preferences. However, every betting site in our guide is a safe option for Canadians.
What are the Types of NHL Bets?
Canadian & American bettors can make Moneyline, futures, props, totals, and point spread bets.