In the last Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Championship of 2019, Vitality beat mousesports 2-1 in a best-of-three series and won EPICENTER 2019. The French organization, currently the world’s eighth best in the HLTV ranking, missed the first map, but sought the turn and ended the year lifting the trophy.
Inferno 19×16 mousesports
The first map was Vitality’s choice and could not be more balanced. In the first stage Mousesports started as a counter-terrorist and secured a minimum 8 to 7 partial victory. Vitality then returned the score and tied it in the game 15-15. As much as Mathieu ‘ZywOo’ Herbaut tried, neither was he able to avoid defeat. The mousesports was absolute in overtime, applied 4 to 1 on the scoreboard and finished the game in 19 to 16.
Mirage 16×12 Vitality
If the map Inferno had a balanced duel in the early stage, in Mirage it was no different. The teams showed fairness once again and again, mousesports came out ahead at 8-7, but this time terrorist. However, what Robin ‘ropz’ Kool and company did not expect was the sharp enemy attack. As always, Vitality attacked the enemies under Mathieu ‘ZywOo’ Herbaut again, showed superiority and won the duel by 16-12.
— Team Vitality (@TeamVitality) December 22, 2019
Nuke 16×9 Vitality
In the last map, the equality between the parties fell to the ground. Vitality dominated the first half and took the lead 10 to 5. Mousesports then tried to resist, but it was not enough to stop the French momentum. Final score: 16 to 9 Vitality, plus 2 to 1 in the series featuring Cédric ‘RpK’ Guipouy and Alex ‘ALEX’ McMeekin.
CS:GO’s EPICENTER 2019 was held in Moscow, Russia, on December 17-22. There eight teams went in search of the title and most of the prize of $ 500,000. Besides the good matches, the championship was marked by the end of the competitive year 2019.
In addition, Mathieu ‘ZywOo’ Herbaut was named the MVP of the competition according to HLTV. Recorded incredible numbers in Moscow, leading the tournament in ADR (97.3), KPR (0.96), DPR (0.53) and KAST (79.8%), as well as winning the second plus 1vX scenarios (8).
EPICENTER 2019 final standings:
1. Vitality – $250,000
2. mousesports – $120,000
3-4. Evil Geniuses – $40,000
3-4. Heroic – $40,000
5-6. Natus Vincere – $15,000
5-6. forZe – $15,000
7-8. Virtus.pro – $10,000
7-8. EHOME – $10,000
New Games On Steam: Late February
In this week’s edition of Games on Steam, we take a look at interesting platformers, addictive simulators, and offbeat narative-based flick. Without further ado, this is what you will be playing throughout the March, and maybe even longer.
Rim World- Royalty
A popular sci-fi colony simulator has just got an unexpected DLC. There’s a new faction called the Empire, which combines advanced technology with a bloodthirsty ancient tradition. For uninitiated, the world of Rim World (excuse the pun) is driven by an AI generator that might surprise you at every corner. It’s like a lo-fi Civilization set in space, so prepare to spend countless hours on this gem.
Death and Taxes
Congratulations, you’ve just become a new Grim Reaper! However, contrary to the thoughts of mortals, in Death and Taxes you will be spending most of your time in a tiny office. As you ruminate through the files on your desk deciding who shall die and which peasant deserves another chance, better pay attention. Each one of your actions has unforeseen consequences, and some of them might get you fired. You will also be competing against other Reapers, so better be on your A-game. Will you achieve the reputation of fearsome Reaper or head back to the employment office?
Lair of the Clockwork God
Lair of the Clockwork God is an excellent mix between a platformer and a point-and-click adventure. You will play as Dan and Ben, who are also devs, and they each have a unique set of skills. As you go through the levels, you will be switching characters constantly, to solve increasingly complex puzzles. The game is filled with smart, self-aware humor that can make you easily fall in love with it.
Next, we have a 3D puzzle/platformer that can easily mesmerize you with its beauty. In this otherworldly place, you will play as Lumote, a quirky bioluminescent character with an ability to possess other creatures. With their unique powers and your sort-of-okay problem-solving skills, you will traverse through various obstacles to complete all 6 towers. The game seems very relaxing and is accompanied by a great soundtrack.
Tex Mechs is a wacky FPS mech shooter in which you need to fight through the waves of alien insects in order to free New Texas. Although not particularly challenging, the satisfaction of squashing, stomping and bashing various insects was too much, and I simply had to add it.
Looking for more titles? Take a look at our previous list of new Steam games.
League of Legends Patch 10.4: TFT gets update, check out the tips
League of Legends (LoL) received patch 10.4 last Thursday (20). The update also brought some changes to Teamfight Tactics (TFT), one of the last changes to the Rise of the Elements set before the game received its third set in March. The buffs and nerfs were small, according to the latest updates, but with a significant change to the Glacial characteristic. See how the metagame has changed and the best compositions of the new patch.
Patrolmen, Poison and Crystal (Tier S)
Champions: Twitch, Ashe, Kindred, Varus, Dr. Mundo, Singed, Amumu and Taric
With the removal of the spatulas on the carousel, it became much more difficult to adapt their compositions, which is why characteristics that do not need transformation do better. Among them, Patrolmen have shown themselves to be increasingly strong, especially when using the other characteristics Veneno and Cristal in the late game. Critical items and attack speed are paramount in Twitch and Ashe, and the player must close the Poison troops with Mundo, Singed and Twitch as soon as possible.
- Statikk knife and Guinsoo’s Blade of Fury are essential for your porters, preferably at Ashe;
- This combination is very contested and very expensive, adding the Poison and Crystal effects is extremely necessary, so look for Singed and Taric soon;
- Guardian Angel in Taric will further increase your team’s chances of survival;
- Four patrolmen, three poisons and two crystals make you extremely strong. If you manage to reach this point, you will probably compete for first place;
- Amumu is an extra unit that will add the Inferno and Watchman buff, but it is not a priority. Even so, if the option of using it happens, this is the choice.
Berserkers and Poison (Tier A)
Champions: Dr. Mundo, Sion, Olaf, Jax, Volibear, Renekton, Singed, Twitch and Ezreal
The strength of the Veneno troops has good synergy with another characteristic, the Berserkers. This composition has already entered and left the ranking of the strongest several times, but it should gain a greater boost in this new patch. The new Glacial effect, although better in this new update, is still not drastic, but next to the buff in Olaf and depending on your itemization, it can make a good difference.
- Ornn and Volibear can guarantee a good early game and get this composition well, in addition to Jax and Renekton, who are easy to get at the beginning;
- Olaf benefits from speed, attack and resistance items. Guinsoo’s Blade of Fury, Runnan’s Hurricane and Smoldering Cannon are good choices, in addition to Guardian Angel;
- Alternatively, you can choose to place these items on Twitch, which will also serve as a second loader;
- If the game is extended to the point of having nine pieces, Ezreal can complement with the effects of Ranger and Glacial;
- An alternative version of this composition exists with only three Berserkers and using the Veneno and Vigia buffs. However, it is very situational and serves more as an adaptation to the game, in case it is not going very well.
Shadow and Hell (Tier A)
Champions: Kindred, Sion, Malzahar, Varus, Annie, Brand, Zyra, Amumu
This composition has been very popular for a while in the game, based on a lot of massive damage from all team members. The difference is that with the reduction of the Spatula’s appearance, it is much more difficult to transform someone into Hell, so this composition is much more flexible than anything else. With three members of each trait, the player will decide whether it is worth pursuing six Hells or six Shadows, but if he cannot transform someone, it is recommended to go to the Shadow route.
- On a fire map, use Qiyanna to complement the team with Hells;
- Kindred is its main charger, as it benefits from both characteristics. Items like Shojin’s Spear, Seraph’s Embrace and Runnan’s Hurricane are great choices for the unit;
- Sion will be your front line until Amumu arrives. Place defensive items on it, such as Guardian Angel and Dragon’s Claws;
- Many other units can contribute damage in addition to Kindred. Brand does very well with mana items and magic damage, and Morellonomicon is a good choice for Amumu;
- Malzahar can be replaced by Master Yi in the late game.
Summoner and Assassin (Tier S)
Champions: Azir, Annie, Yorick, Kha’Zix, Qiyanna, Zed, Karma and Nami / Soraka
This composition is very flexible but is mainly focused on Azir, a very popular and strong TFT champion who manages to be a great carry. Put it with two stars for the composition to start spinning, and include items like Guinsoo’s Blade of Fury, Shojin’s Spear and Adormada Gauntlet on the magazine. Alternatively, you can use some defense items as well, but always leave Karma at your side to buff it.
- The composition must revolve around Azir, so the effect of the Summoners, Desert and the presence of Karma beside him is indispensable;
- With the Summoners’ effect, Azir can attack for longer. Use Malzahar and Zyra at the beginning to take advantage of this effect, but exchange them for Yorick and Annie as soon as possible;
- It is very difficult to find a Zed in the game, so don’t give priority to the Assassins’ effect. It is important to guarantee Qiyanna and Kha’Zix to have the effect of the Desert which will also benefit Azir;
- If you get Zed, items like Redemption, Guardian Angel and Dragon’s Claw are great on him;
- Mystic is a good effect to complete your composition. Nami is a great choice but alternatively, Soraka can be used if Azir is transformed into Light.
Blademaster, Mystic and Desert (Tier A)
Champions: Yasuo, Sivir, Karma, Janna, Leona, Azir / Kha’Zix and Malphite
Growing in popularity since the small buff that Yasuo received in the last patch, this composition is another one that is based around a champion. Being able to use his ability faster this time, Yasuo focuses on the enemy with more items, usually the carry of the enemy team. In addition to Mystic to generate more defense and Desert to do more damage, the composition also brings Lunar and Cloud to further strengthen Yasuo’s ability.
- Some pieces are essential for the composition, they are: Yasuo, Karma, Sivir, Janna and Azir / Kha’Zix, placing Karma always close to Yasuo;
- Team Hand of Justice, Guardian Angel and Bloodthirsty at Yasuo;
- If it is a wind map, Qiyanna can also be added to the composition to enhance the Cloud buff;
- Kha’Zix or Azir can be your second carrier, with Seraph’s Embrace serving for both, Guinsoo’s Blade of Fury for Azir or Bloodthirsty for Kha’Zix;
- In the late game, Master Yi can be added for being a Mystic and a Blade Master. If you want the effect of four masters, Aatrox can also be used.
Broomstick League Mixes Quidditch with Rocket League
Fans of the Harry Potter series can rejoice with the release of the new magical game, Broomstick League. It’s a competitive 3v3 multiplayer sports game akin to Rocket League with a healthy coating of Harry Potter. Players will be soaring across the arena on broomsticks with the objective of scoring a ball into the opposing team’s goal.
Players will be equipped with an arsenal of spells to give them the advantage in the arena. Such as a blasting spell to help take possession of the ball from their opponent and a blink spell to maneuver around and teleport in an instant and create more goal-scoring opportunities. Players must hone their broom flying skills to give them aerial supremacy, divebombing pass the defenders and scoring a goal which results in a grand explosion sending all player pinwheeling across the arena.
Broomstick League will also give players the ability to customize their witch or wizard to their liking. With a deep pool of customization options, players can personalize their character’s looks as well as a variety of broomsticks and wands to unlock. A myriad of taunts and dances will be available to rattle all of the opponents or to celebrate with your teammates. The arenas will be brimming with magical creatures where players will have to battle it out with giant trolls in the background or score on the back of a flying dragon.
Players can compete in three different modes: 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 matches. Broomstick League implements a player progression and stat tracking system where players can track their progress on the leaderboard as well as player leveling system as they grow and gain experience in the league.
Broomstick League will be released on Steam Early Access on March 5th but was free from Feb 21 to Feb 24 as an open beta. It is expected to be in Early Access for approximately 9 months to a year before a full release.
Developer Virtual Basement addressed their aims for the Broomstick League‘s Early Access period. “We’ll be using the Early Access period to rapidly update the game with new content, bug fixes, and stability improvements so that we are fully prepared for our full launch in the future,” it said in the Early Access FAQ. “We already have a significant list of planned content, but our number one source of new ideas will be the community.”