The Valorant Patch Notes 1.07, released on Tuesday, brings great news in agents and weapons. The main highlights of the new FPS update from Riot Games involve nerfs Sage and KillJoy, buffs in Breach and Viper, and minor adjustments in Sova. In terms of weapons, Vandal received improvements and shotguns followed the line of update 1.06 with emphatic weaknesses. In addition, there was the addition of the ability to recreate matches and changes to the hit record.
- Reduced cure: 100 over 5 s >>> 60 over 5 s
- Reduced self-healing: 100 over 5 s >>> 60 over 10 s
The objective was to reduce the amount of healing granted during the round and to make sure that Sage does not use the cure alone.
- Size reduced by 30%
This should reduce the impact of the Slow Orb a little and will make people really aim when using it. As it was before, the Slow Orb covered areas that were unintended.
- Reduced cost 400 >>> 300
- Fortified barrier: the wall starts with 400 Life and, after an interval of 3 s, it fortifies and gets 800 Life
Objective: increase the possible counter-plays in the Barrier and reduce its strength when used reactively.
- Added a short interval before doing damage
- Damage per second reduced: 60 >>> 40
- Visual effects have been added to make the grenade more visible on the ground
- Slightly increased range of sound in stealth
Killjoy’s Nanoenxam is playing terror in matches. The skill should be used to buy time and stop disarms, but it’s causing too much damage, and people are unable to deal with it. Now in this Valorant Patch Notes 1.07 that will change.
- No longer revealed by Sova’s Tracking Arrow
- Now shoot more accurately at the spot where enemies were last spotted
- Now it can be armed in the purchase phase, surpassing the barriers of emergence
- Toxic Curtain now rises faster along its entire length when activated
This change will make it possible for Viper, in several situations, to arm his wall in the pre-round. So he joins the team before the barrier disappears. Increasing the speed of the wall’s appearance should reduce the period of awkwardness that occurs from the formation of the wall until it covers all the angles that Viper and her allies expect.
- Deterioration in all smoke abilities no longer affects allies
This is a change that mainly affects the Poçon Poçonhento and will help to reduce some of the collateral damage that Viper does to its team, in addition to enabling new strategies in teams that use the latter as a tool.
- The Poçonhento area now appears on the Viper team minimap when launched
- Flashes off the target target’s screen now look more like the flashes of other characters and apply a more aggressive minimum blinding time
- Increased number of charges: 2 >>> 3
- Reduced preparation time: 0.6 s >>> 0.5 s
Breach should be the default choice when it comes to going fearlessly and breaking everything. The flash was working well, but the number of charges prevented Breach from bringing this utility to his team. Since he needs allies for his flashes to really make a difference, maybe just more charges will help him achieve that goal.
- Detonation delay between explosions reduced: 0.3 >>> 0.255
- Now, the Concussion takes the players’ aim and prevents them from aiming again
- Update on the physics of Sova’s cover so that it moves out of its collision box less frequently
- Improvement in the hands of Sova in first person so that they look more like the hands of other agents
- All shotguns aimpunch update
- When getting headshot by a shotgun, the aimpunch will be lower than all the other weapons
- All shotguns tagging tuned for targets beyond 10 meters
- Hitting an enemy past 10 meters will apply a different tagging value to them instead of the standard tagging
- New tagging: 30% slow for .5s on a smooth curve going back to normal speed
- The goal of these changes is to improve the feel of playing against shotguns and to ensure that they don’t end up doing odd things. For example, tagging or aimpunching people from longer than expected ranges and then a teammate ends up killing someone who’s debuffed, or makes it hard to fight back against a weapon that should be deadly up close but fairly non-threatening outside its effective range.)
- Shorty nerf
- 1st falloff range reduced from 9m >>> 7m
- Updated headshot multiplier from 3x >>> 2x (now the same as Judge and Bucky)
- Our goal here is to make Shorty users work a little harder for the kills they get by requiring them to be a tad closer to their target.
- Judge Nerf
- Price increased from 1500 >>> 1600
- Desire here is to see if giving the Judge a little hit—paired with the other shotgun changes—moves the needle when playing against this gun. We’ll continue to monitor and make other changes if necessary
- Vandal buff
- Increased firing rate from 9.25 >>> 9.75
- Increased damage from 39 >>> 40
- Goal is to bring the Vandal in closer competition with the Phantom. We believe these weapons aren’t that far off in competition and hope these changes will do that.
- Remake match: When a match begins with a 4v5 (or more lopsided teams), players will now have the option to end the game they’re in and queue for a new one.
- If any player is disconnected at the start of the match (beginning of buy phase) through the entire first round, a remake call may be triggered at the start of the second round by typing /remake in chat.
- All connected players on the team that called the remake may vote to remake the game— It’s required that all connected players agree to remake the game
- The remake vote will last for the duration of the buy phase, if the vote is not passed by the end of buy phase it will expire
- If the vote is successfully passed and the game is remade, all players who voted do not receive any XP or MMR adjustments for the match. The match will also not show up in match history. All disconnected players not part of the vote will take a full MMR loss for the game, and receive a leaver penalty equivalent to disconnecting from a full match..
- Act Ranks visuals have been updated to better differentiate wins at different rank tiers
- Changed some potentially misleading verbiage in the restriction message for players who need to play more unrated games to unlock competitive play
- This is to better reflect that Deathmatch and Spike Rush do not count towards unlocking Competitive.
- Fixed a bug where if both teams try to call a surrender vote, the team who called it second wouldn’t get the option to vote
- Fixed a bug that displayed the Act Rank tooltip in English only when another language was selected