Swedish developer “Experiment 101” and soon to be published by “THQ Nordic” is releasing the open world Kung-Fu fable, “Biomutant,” on May 25, 2021. “Biomutant” is a single-player, action/role-playing game for the following platforms: “Microsoft Windows,” “PS4 (PlayStation 4),” “Xbox Series S/X,” and “Xbox One.”
“Biomutant” is a third-person, martial arts style, post-apocalyptic game. A plague is doing what plagues do best—ruining the land. The tree of Life is bleeding death from the roots. While the tribes are divided, you have to explore the world, determining the fate. Basically, you can save the land or be the primary reason why the land got worse. Maybe you can handle the responsibility of the not so lovable land.
Some fans may just want to “pre-order” “Biomutant,” where they can get the full game, the mercenary class DLC, a combination of perks, as well as the official soundtrack. The official soundtrack is 30 minutes of music, featuring 16 high quality tracks.
- There is a new take on third-person combat. You will have the maximum freedom of movement and agility, while using your shooting, meelee and powers from your mutations. Your combat will never get old with new Wushu combat styles throughout the progression of the game (where you will learn from the masters you meet).
- You can evolve your gameplay by re-coding your genetic structure, ultimately changing the way you look and play. Re-coding your genetic structure can affect your attributes and exposure to bio-contamination in the world (which leads to mutations like Mucus Bubble and Turtleform). Exposure to radioactivity located in bunkers will affect your mind, unlocking psi-mutations like levitation, telekinesis, and more.
- The option of mixing and matching parts to create your own 1H or 2H slash and crush weapons should be amazing. There are shotguns, rifles, revolvers, and the option of adding modifications like battery-powered chainsaw modules, cork-screws, and bio-contaminated sludge vials.
- You are free to equip your character when it comes to weapons you created and gear you wear. If you prefer, choose a gas mask and an oxygen tank to explore Dead Zones, protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, or thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas.
- Explore the open world by foot, jet-ski, air-balloon, mech, or area unique mounts. There are tunnels, a dying wildland, and bunker networks of the underworld. As expected, there are discoveries to be made and creatures to approach.
- Your action plays a part in how the story will ultimately end. The end of the game will result in a new world regardless. You are guided through the world by a storyteller narrating your every move.