Time flies by and when we indulge in playing video games with a can-do attitude, stopping time would make an option. Can you fathom how many video game engine features ever existed? Finding out that answer would keep you busy, counting newly added features anyway.
Blender 2.0, the open source 2D/ 3D content creation, was announced at Siggraph 2000. For someone who actually cares, Siggraph means “Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques.”
On December 3, 2021, Blender, was updated to the 3.0 version. Blender works well for graphics, film, games, and xr (extended reality). The five key features of Blender 3.0 are?
5. Cycles X:
Cycles X allows rendering to be 2 to 8 times faster in real-world scenes, on GPU (graphics processing unit). Optic (which has kernel compilation times reduced) supports hardware ray-tracing for baking.
- The denoising feature (on OpenImageDenoise) has been improved due to the normal passes and auxiliary albedo. Included with prefiltering, the AI denosising library is upgraded to version 1.4.
- This system was completely rewritten and can completely handle emission via the new Shadow Catcher pass and colored indirect light.
New Sample Tools:
- We should expect new sample tools, but we also should not take the tools for granted. The new sample tools is accompanied by re-design of the sampling user interface and defaults settings, taking center stage as the preferred way to use cycles and reflecting the improved adaptive sampling. Separate presets are available for viewport and render sampling, as well as a new time-based rendering limit option.
A new scrambling distance is located in the Distance Scrambling, where you can increase performance in some scenes, by controlling the amount of correlation between pixels.
4. Asset Browser:
Here comes the Asset Browser, looming out of its former hiding place, for Blender 3.0. This feature was available for Blender 2.93, under an experimental tag, so this is the official debut. You will be able to manage, create, and use locally stored assets (including materials, objects, environments, and more).
Just keep adding more convenient features to Blender and we should be more grateful. The game engine is already free to use. With poses readily accessible for use, an Asset Browser allows you to drag stored assets into the scene of a pose library.
3. UI Refresh:
The UI Refresh includes clearer panel demarcations, more round shapes, and more.
2. Geometry Nodes Fields:
This new feature promises to be more approachable and flexible than the previous system (which prevented linear node trees).
The animation is obviously not a new feature, however there are new keying sets, new constraints and constraint functionality, and more.
- Now, a sliding tool showcases a visual indication of the blending/pushing percentage applied.
Pose Sliding Operator:
- This feature is located under Pose>In-Betweens>Blend to Neighbour, allowing you to Nudge a current pose to the left or right.
Two new modifiers are added to the Grease Pencil feature.
- The Layer Length Modifier
- The Dot Dash modifier
Finally, a USD import arrives on Blender and the USD exporter (from 2.82) is happily welcomed.
Blender’s VR Scene Inspection add-on has the ability to use the controller inputs to navigate (teleport/fly/grab) through the scene, as well as visualize controller inputs
Blender’s File Read and Write Increase:
Open a .blend file with thousands of data-blocks from the same library