Marvel’s Iron Man VR was one of the many titles that had gone over several delays throughout the year. The studio behind the game, Camouflaj, had initially aimed to release it in Feb but that was delayed later to May 15. That May 15th date was again delayed due to the growing concerns of the COVID 19 pandemic, only to be delayed “indefinitely.” Sony has now announced that the new official launch date will be July 3rd.
SIE Update: We are pleased to announce that Marvel's Iron Man VR will release on July 3. Please look forward to more news in the coming weeks! pic.twitter.com/aVk2khLNEW
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) May 12, 2020
Along with the new release date, Marvel’s Iron Man VR also has a demo available for download on the Playstation Network. To give players a taste of the game, players will be able to take the iconic suit for a test flight and get used to the Iron Man arsenal to take out some renegade drones. If you have purchased the full game, you will be getting a new skin, Molten Lava armor, from the demo. The demo includes:
- “Malibu” tutorial mission
- Interactive Stark Jet cinematic starring Tony, Friday & Pepper Potts
- “Out of the Blue” Stark Jet gameplay mission
- Flight Challenge optional mission
- Advanced Combat Challenge optional mission
The game follows Tony Stark who has given up making arms and weapons instead focuses his efforts on creating technologies and fighting as Iron Man. Players will have to fight off the attacks of the mysterious anti-corporate hacktivist, Ghost, who set to topple the Stark Industries.“In our game, Ghost is a great foil for Tony Stark—she not only holds a grudge against our hero, but holds a mirror up to him,” said Brendan Murphy, the game’s lead writer. “As a witness to the damage caused by Stark-made weapons years earlier, Ghost’s fight against Iron Man is both ideological and personal. Because of Ghost, our complex and fascinating hero must reconcile his troubled past, both on and off the battlefield.”
Sony has also announced a hardware PSVR bundle for Iron Man VR which, along with the full game, will include PSVR headset PS Camera, two PS Move motion controllers, Iron Man VR on Blu-ray disc, and a PSVR Demo Disc.
Marvel’s Iron Man VR is currently available for pre-order now on the Playstation Store. If you opt for the digital deluxe edition, you will also be getting:
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Game
- 4 Deluxe Edition Deco Armors (Golden Avenger, Black Centurion, Sun Stinger, Stealth Armor)
- 12 Research Points – Research Points are gained by analyzing combat data from Iron Man’s performance in the field.
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Digital Deluxe Soundtrack
- Digital Deluxe Edition Iron Man PS4 Theme