The 3rd month of 2020 looks incredibly promising, with a lot of interesting games around the corner. While everyone is waiting for the new Doom, here are some other titles that you shouldn’t miss.
After a great success of the original, it didn’t take long before Team Ninja announced that Nioh 2 is in the works. While it holds some resemblance to the Dark Souls series (particularly the difficulty), Nioh was original enough and offered rich and addictive combat mechanics. With Nioh 2, Team Ninja plans to move away from this inspiration and strengthen their vision. This is actually a prequel, where you will be playing as ninja imbued with the Yokai spirit, which will give you special skills. You can expect more weapons, new enemies, and a ridiculously deep skill tree. The gameplay looks very good. This might be the most promising of the games around the corner and we are ready to dive in once again into the world of ancient Japan.
Platforms: Playstation 4
Release Date: March 13th
My Hero One’s Justice Two
Next, we have a sequel to the My Hero Academia inspired 3D fighter. Bandai Namco promised that sequel will be set on a bigger scale and have dozens of playable characters. The game will closely follow the popular anime series, letting you relive some of the most iconic fights. A glimpse of the gameplay can be seen here.
Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, Switch
Release Date: March 13th
Fairy Tail, a fairly popular anime, is now transporting into a world of gaming. In this turn-based RPG, you will be playing mainly as a Dragon Slayer Natsu, although there are over 10 playable characters. The emphasis is put on strengthening and expanding your guild, which will open the doors to more challenging requests. The story itself will borrow a lot from the anime, but there will also be a few unexpected twists.
Platforms: Switch, PC, Playstation 4
Release Date: March 20
From makers of DmC and Enslaved, comes an interesting 4V4 team fighter game. Bleeding Edge might be a perfect bastard child of Overwatch and Borderlands, as it oozes with memorable characters and has a similar visual style. Devs promise us interesting combo dynamics and dozens of wacky ways to defeat your foes, ranging from freezing them in time to killing them with a perfectly placed guitar solo. Rather than being just a flashy show-off, Bleeding Edge puts emphasis on teamwork, strategy, and timing. Click here to see how it all works in action.
Platforms: PC, Xbox One
Release Date: March 24th
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
Pirate Warriors 4 is an action-adventure game based on the One Piece anime. Expect hacking through ridiculous amounts of enemies accompanied by some of the animes most eccentric personalities (40+ in total). The scope of the game is massive and will present you with the key parts of One Piece story.Pirate Warriors 4 brings back the twisted One Piece world that is hard not to love (Source: ClickItOrNot)
Platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One
Release Date: March 27th
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
The wait is finally over. For uninitiated, Mount & Blade 2 is a sequel to the popular Medieval strategy game. This time, TaleWorlds has decided to add more RPG elements and an epic singleplayer campaign. Once again, you may rise from nothing to cultivate your dynasty, become a legendary knight, or a fearless bandit. Judging by the trailer, we can expect chaotic and epic battles. Where do I sign?
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
Release Date: March
And that’s it. In case you missed it, check out our February edition of Games Around The Corner.
Games on Steam: Alien Invasion
Games on Steam is a weekly installment that tackles the latest and greatest Indie games on this popular platform. Today, we’ll cover roguelite RPG, off-beat Battle Royale, tense survival horror, addictive hack-and-slash strategy, and bizarre acid shooter.
Banners of Ruin
Banners of Ruin is a roguelite deck-building strategy similar to Slay the Spire. In it, you will be commanding a party of up to 6 characters on their journey through Dawn’s Point. Each character has its own set of cards and abilities, so creating a team that builds-off each other is very important. As your party gains experience, they will level up, unlocking new upgrades. Banners of Ruin is pretty challenging, so expect to constantly learn and adapt. Although it’s still in early access, there is enough content to last you for quite a while.
Here we have a souls-like Battle Royale fighter game. Soulfire throws you in an intense showdown against 19 teams to find out who is the most skillful player. The game utilizes a 2.5D combat system that rewards tactful fighting and there’s a good range of weapons, all of which have their pros and cons. Soulfire is completely free to play, and although it’s still in early access, I can easily see this becoming fairly popular as it’s unlike any other Battle Royale title.
Scrutinized is the newest title from Reflect Studios – a developer of the infamous Welcome to the Game. This is a survival horror that puts you in the role of a criminal analyst Luna Youngman. By using your computer to search through the report database, your goal is to find if the numerous crime reports hold water or not. As if this is not challenging enough, you will also need to watch out for killers trying to break into your home. Although you spend much of the game behind the computer screen, Scrutinized has a very creepy atmosphere that will easily make you feel paranoid.
The Riftbreaker: Prologue
Riftbreaker is a refreshing base-building hack-and-slash RPG. It’s set in a beautiful alien world, where you’ll have to gather, build, and defend your base from an onslaught of vicious slimy creatures. All of this for the ultimate goal of constructing a rift that will take you back to Earth. Although this is a demo that can be finished in an hour or two, we can already see that Riftbreaker has struck a balance between building, fighting, and exploration. The game is filled with visceral battles and is one of the most promising games on Steam.
Lastly, we have one of the year’s most unique shooters. Post Void is a surreal retro shooter filled with dazzling imagery. It’s chaotic, relentless, and ridiculously fun. Your goals are simple: move as quickly as possible and dismember waves of enemies to keep yourself and your idol alive. Post Void features short, procedurally generated levels, that will reward you with upgrades upon completion. Add to this an intense atmosphere and affordable price, and it’s easy to see that we may be talking about the best Indie shooter of 2020.
There are always more games to catch up with. Check out our last edition of Games on Steam here.
Fortnite: FNCS Chapter 2 Season 3 Qualifier 3 result
Fortnite Champion Series Chapter 2 Season 3 had the third qualifier this weekend, after 9 hours of play per region. In the three qualifiers we saw some familiar faces leading the leaderboards. Some of the usual suspects include DreamHack Online Open Champions Liquid STRETCH and 100T Arkhram. With US$ 5 million at stake, the decisive moment is now for those who have not yet qualified.
Only one more qualifier remains to be played soon. The top 50 in Europe, NA East, NA West and Brazil will guarantee a place in stage two. Asia, the Middle East and Oceania produce 25 qualifiers in each tournament. Check the results to see who will be in stage two so far.
The Russian Toose da Gambit took first place in Europe with 55 points. Of the six games played, he won two with a total of 18 eliminations. This victory was remarkable for him, it was his first in that Chapter 2 Season 3 and his second consecutive qualification. Toose will work on the Grand Finals at the FNCS Qualifier final.
In second place, Frenchman MCES Xsweeze finished one point behind Toose. Even without a Victory Royale, the 21 eliminations made Xsweeze the classification. He secured a spot in the heat and added $ 4,200 to his career earnings. Other notables that made it into the top 50 include E11 TaySon, NRG benjyfishy, XL Wolfiez and several others.
Pure Deyy was always well ranked but the first qualifier win came this weekend. In six matches, Deyy managed to win the Victory Royale with a total of 14 eliminations. The 49 points earned made him reach first place. That result came just weeks after Deyy played well at DreamHack Open. Keep an eye on Deyy as he continues his upward trend.
urious finished the third qualifier in second place. He matched Deyy with a Victory Royale and still got more eliminations than the winner. However, he dropped a few points before taking first place. Furious remains constant in Fortnite for several seasons. Former TSM player Reverse2k completed the top three, also with 47 points. All 50 players listed above will appear on stage two.
Once again, 100Thieves Arkhram dominated NA West. This time, Arkhram crushed the entire region with 77 points from six matches, including two Victory Royales and 23 eliminations. The young man did not seem to slow down after winning the DreamHack Online Open a few weeks ago. Arkhram has his eyes set on his second FNCS Championship.
PZUHS came close behind with 66 points. Made 17 kills with a Victory Royale. The highlight of NA West closed with 62 points. Some other notable names in the top 50 include DreamHack Online Open Champion 4DRStorm, NRG EpikWhale and XTRA verT.
There was a battle of two Argentine players in the FNCS Qualifier do Brasil. The king featured at the Fortnite World Cup led the field towards the final game. However, Argentine compatriot 9z Rustyk won the penultimate match of the tournament, which helped seal the deal. Rustyk won 71 points from two Victory Royales with 21 eliminations. He has already qualified three times for the second round.
King was behind him with 64 points. Even with a great performance, he failed to exceed 70 points. After winning the second round, king is preparing to be one of Brazil’s favorites. Another Brazilian star in Pulga completed the top three with 54 points.
Tyraxe won first place in Oceania and won his second consecutive qualification in the second stage. With 20 kills, he failed to win any Victory Royale. He will enter qualifiers with the other OCE players, Movrickz and PRM jhk, who both finished with 58 points. One of Oceania’s best volx players won his third consecutive qualification.
RIFFEX won the third Asian FNCS Qualifier with 58 points. A mix of consistency, a Victory Royale and 12 eliminations earned the Asian player his first qualification for the second round. He and the 24 others listed above will fight for a position in the Grand Finals in a few weeks.
The Cash Cup Warrior’s 72 points finished just behind NA West’s Arkhram with the most points during the third round. He dominated the finals with two Victory Royales and 20 eliminations. He and several other talented professionals from the Middle East will meet in action, hoping to reach the Grand Finals.
TFT: Teamfight Tatics patch 10.16 news
TeamFight Tactics (TFT) received patch 10.16 on Wednesday (5). The update brought some news and added a new galaxy that promises to impact the style of play. With that in mind, Gaming Net selected the strongest compositions for the updated TFT Set 3. Strong compositions have not undergone so many changes and some may appear as alternatives in this Teamfight Tatics patch 10.16.
TFT is an Auto Chess game from Riot Games. The title is available in a mobile version for download on Android and iPhone phones (iOS) and as a game mode in League of Legends (LoL) for PC.
Champions: Shen, Yasuo, Zed, Yi, Fizz, Irelia and Riven.
This composition appears as one of the best for some patches. The idea is to have many champions who can do damage, with Master Yi as the main one. Seeking to maximize the power of Shen, Yasuo, Zed and Yi, the strategy requires patience to reach greater potential.
- Start the game by focusing on champions who are master of blades and infiltrators, such as Nocturne, Fiora, Shen, Zed, Yasuo and Master Yi.
- Use the “Slow Roll” tactic on level 7. This strategy consists of accumulating money and spending the excess after reaching 50 gold until you reach Zed, Shen, Yasuo and Master Yi at the maximum level.
- The items needed to maximize the characters’ damage come from the recurve bow. Get at least three of them to ensure greater efficiency in Master Yi. Steaming Cannon, Rabadon’s Deathcap, Mercury and Guinsoo’s Blade of Fury are the best items for the champion.
- Zed is one of the best champions of this composition, but he needs to have the blade master feature activated. Focus on getting a spatula as soon as possible and, in the new patch, a GPC Sword to get the Destroyed King’s Sword.
- Remember to always place the three rebels together so that they gain the shield of the rebel feature, which was improved in this update.
- Riven, Ireilia and Fizz are strong champions in their own right. Riven comes in to provide the time characteristic buff for the entire team. Meanwhile, Fizz has a lot of group control and is an infiltrator, just like Zed. Irelia comes in as the sixth blade master for being a strong character.
Champions: Caitlyn, Nautilus, Ashe, Gnar, Jhin, Teemo, Wukong and Lulu / Karma.
In this Teamfight Tatics patch 10.16, Sniper champions do more damage from distance to opponents. Meanwhile, astronauts have reduced their mana cost to 30 when they are together. In addition, this is a composition with immense group control, has a resistant front line and causes enormous damage.
- Being a composition with two magazines with different damage, a physical and a magician, it is good to pay attention to the items at the beginning of the game. If you get Tears of the Goddess, Needlessly Large Rod and GPC Sword, you have a call to make this composition.
- Get Caitlyn two stars as soon as possible. As he is a strong champion at the beginning of the game, there is a chance to win some duels and maintain hit points.
- Always have two Vanguards on the field. The Mordekaiser can be useful for being a Black Star and activating the trait once you get Jhin.
- Reaching level 8 is essential as it contains four characters of cost 4, such as Jhin, Teemo, Gnar and Wukong. The chances of getting these champions increase from 15% to 25% from level 7 to 8.
- Positioning is paramount. Knowing where to place the characters on the platform to increase the damage done and the distribution of group control caused by Gnar, Ashe, Teemo and Nautilus is necessary. Place the Snipers at the ends. Watch out if the enemy has Blitzcrank or the Zephyr item.
- At level 9, having two Mystics can be very useful. To increase protection for Jhin, Karma and Lulu alongside him can be good champions. Karma is Black Star and Lulu is Celestial. Both will be activated because they already have Ashe and Jhin in the field.
Master of the Golden Blades
Champions: Fiora, Jarvan, Xayah, Rakan, Shen, Master Yi, Irelia and Riven.
The synergy achieved at the beginning of the game with three Blade Masters, two Temporal and the attack speed promoted by Jarvan’s skill, this composition presents a good start to the game. Seeking to activate the feature with six Blade Masters and a powerful frontline, this composition does a lot of damage.
- With a focus on achieving the greatest number of tier 1 three-star champions, adopt the “hyperroll” tactic, which consists of accumulating gold and spending it all one round before reaching level five. Search for Xayah, Fiora and Jarvan.
- Taken as the composition of the “three critics”, for requiring three Boxer Gloves, the items in the finals of Xayah are Last Whisper, Edge of Infinity and Mercury. With the best in Statikk Knife, it is an item that can be useful in the damage loader.
- Strengthen your Jarvan so that he stays longer and can give Xayah more attack speed. The positioning of the characters of the two characters, being close to each other, is essential.
- When you get the six Blade Masters, Riven is one of the most important for granting Temporal to the whole team, as you will already have Shen.
- Always keep in mind to change the composition if you don’t get the six Blade Masters, being able to use four Celestial, with Lulu and Ashe. In addition to exchanging Riven for Caitlyn.
Champions: Malphite, Ziggs, Blitzcrank, Yasuo, Ezreal, Yi, Jinx, Aurelion Sol and Gangplank.
With a focus on keeping Jinx alive, this composition seeks to have a good position and a front line capable of waiting for the activation of the champion’s ability. With Gangplank or Aurelion Sol as possible loaders, the comp has a good distribution between physical and magical damage. Blitzcrank and Ezreal will activate Temporal and Fighter, in addition to the first bringing the element of surprise to the team.
- If you start with items like the Red Effect, try to get characters like Lucian and Graves, as well as Malphite and Blitz. If you get a Rabadon Deathcap, an alternative is to drop it off at Ziggs in the beginning.
- The transition is made from the moment you get Jinx, but always keeping two detonators together.
- Your main loader is Jinx, make items like Giant Kills, Red Effect, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge and Mortal Blade to do more damage and Guardian Angel to protect yourself.
- Blitzcrank near Jinx can be useful. The champion’s ability is activated after she kills two enemies. With the initial pull of Blitz, Jinx can start distributing damage more quickly.
- Gangplank adds the Daredevil deal along with Ziggs. With the right items, the Space Pirate is able to deal a lot of damage and group control. Guardian Angel, Ionic Spark and Rabadon’s Deathcap are the items to survive to the point of using your ability.
- Position the rebels always together, with Jinx at the center. At the start of the fight, Rebels gain a shield for each adjacent rebel. The shield was buffed in the current patch.
Champions: Fiora, Leona, Shen, Vayne, Vi, Irelia, Ekko and Thresh.
With low cost champions such as Leona, Fiora and Lucian, the beginning of the Cybernetic game can be very strong. Along with the ease of finding champions, the feature gains life and attack damage when equipping only one item. With the possibility of a game start with detonators, passing through Snipers and ending with the help of Masters of Blades, the composition ends up being versatile. In the Treasure Chest galaxy, the composition gets even stronger in this Teamfight Tatics patch 10.16.
- The beginning of the Cybernetics game is very strong. Search for Leona, Fiora and Lucian. If you get many items, distribute them among the three, but focusing on the damage items on Lucian. He will be your loader at the start of the game. Red effect is a great item if you get another Detonator.
- After the addition of Vayne it was easier to get six Cybernetics, but don’t stick to that. Try as many synergies as possible, as your two carriers will be Irelia and Ekko and they will be slow to arrive.
- Vi always uses her skill on the champion furthest from her. Position it to reach a target that could be problematic for your team.
- Transition the team as soon as you get Irelia. If you have Shen or Riven, you will be able to activate Blademaster, making it stronger. In addition to these, Thresh is important to activate Manamante and Temporal.
- Positioning is key. Upon obtaining Ekko, he will jump on the enemy. Get a spot for him to hit the most powerful opponent. Irelia with active Manamante can also unbalance a round.