Some changes can be seen in this new Fortnite update, requested in Battle Royale mode. Patch V12.50 released that morning had positive feedback. This considering the changes in heavy snipers and also in assisting the aim. Even without delving too much into the changes, it is already possible to say that the Heavy Snipers suffered a reduction in body damage.
Aim Assist Changes
If you are a player and a fan of Fortnite, you will understand the happiness of having this new targeting assistance setting. Many professional players, including Twitch Superstar Turner “Tfue” Tenney and world champion Kyle “Bugha” Giersdorf, almost went crazy over the subject. Even though some players are reporting that nothing significant has changed with the assistance, we are still investigating.
- AA change which makes 240hz AA act like 60hz AA, which impacts target acquisition.
Investigations and tests are ongoing regarding aim assist, so leave feedback for Epic.
Heavy Snipers Damage Reduction
The most important change in Patch V12.50 was to reduce damage to heavy snipers. These epic and legendary weapons since returning to Fortnite, many people have not liked their impact. It is simply too easy to shoot or eliminate someone with a sniper shot. Epic Games responded to criticism from many competitive and casual Fortnite players. The developers reduced the damage to Heavy Snipers to balance them. We can, however, confirm that heavy snipers can still break through walls at once.
- Damage decreased from 150/157 to 126/132 for the Epic and Legendary variants respectively.
- Party Royale; All chill, no sweat – Party Royale is a new experimental and evolving space. Leave your weapons and mats behind and hang out with friends, play games, perfect your skydive and more. The party’s just getting started!
- Operation: Payload – A new spy mode debuts. Use your current spy tech, as well as newly released tech, to defend/escort the payload against the other team which tries to stop you — then switch sides. The mode takes you to different parts of the island, check it out and have fun.
- Issues with framerate and resolution drops in v12.41 fixed.
- Risky Reels officially named as a location on the map.
The leaked skin of the Yellow Jacket is thought to be part of an upcoming starter pack. Usually priced at US$ 4.99, these kits are an affordable way to get a new load for your closet, plus some bonus V-Bucks.
This set will include the Yellow Jacket Outfit, Backstabber Back Bling, Venom Blade Pickaxe and a complimentary 600 V-Bucks.
The popular Fortnite leaker @HYPEX also posted an image of all the other cosmetics found after the v12.50 patch.
New Leaked Cosmetics! pic.twitter.com/jjPWfvEcO4
— HYPEX – Fortnite Leaks & News (@HYPEX) April 29, 2020
Finally, after a long time, the leaks indicate that you will be able to buy XP soon directly from the Fortnite Item Store. How this will work has not been made very clear. It may be that you buy a booster that allows you to earn XP at a higher rate or, potentially, you can simply take a certain amount. This is likely to give fans who don't have time to reach a level high enough to get their hands on all skins and variants before the end of the season.
With all this information, nothing has changed significantly on the map and no new weapons have entered. Heavy Sniper damage reduction and aiming assistance adjustments are the two biggest results of the V12.50 patch. However, both topics generated a point of contention in the competitive Fortnite community. Be sure to check out the next Fortnite Champion Series Invitational. It will give a total prize pool of $ 2 million, open qualifications and some of the best players in the world in action. Now, join Fortnite yourself and test these changes!