DayZ update 1.17 is live on PC and Console Tuesday, April 19th, 2022.
DayZ, the hardcore open-world survival game, has just got its 1.17 update, and it's bringing a lot of new content. Which fans of the game seem to be pretty excited for since it's the last update, 1.16, came out over a year ago. So, understandably there is a lot of hype when Bohemia Interactive drops a new update with tons of new content, bug fixes, and even a pretty intriguing trailer.
The added content is coming in the form of new weapons, loot, and even crafting methods. Not to mention changed content and a plethora of bug fixes. And if you've ever played DayZ, you know there's no shortage of bugs riddled throughout the game. Since DayZ's release, players have had a love-hate relationship with the standalone version of the game. Hopefully, the slew of bug patches has rounded DayZ into a better version of itself, and the extra content has helped the game reach its full potential.
Welcome to 1.17 update! Enjoy the teaser video.
To learn a little more in-depth about the update, here's the article: https://t.co/dOlXhgAm0d#DayZ #Steam #Xbox #Playstation #Update pic.twitter.com/Cr7eB8vSFt
— DayZ 🖥 🎮 ❤️ (@DayZ) April 19, 2022
So Whats New?
Here you can find all the newly added content update 1.17 brought with it.
- CR-550 Savanna rifle
- Longhorn pistol
- P1 pistol
- Craft-able Spear (Bone & Stone head variants)
- Craft-able Bone knife
- Meat tenderizer
- Kitchen timer
- Craft-able Fireplace stand
- Brooms can be lit and used as a torch
- Improvised clothes from rags
- Improvised Rope Belt
- Gas mask filters can now be refilled with charcoal tablets
- Improvised gas mask filter
- Additional sensitivity settings (camera, aiming)
- Cookware is slowly getting damaged by being used
- Gas mask filters get damaged while in use
- Voice activation setting for VOIP
- Ability to go back and forth through multiple actions on the same item
- New point of interest on Livonia
Bug Fixes and Changes
Aside from the newly added content, Bohemia Interactive went above and beyond with the bug fixes and changes to in-game content. If you're one of the hardcore survivors, then it's definitely worth checking out all the new changes to the game, as some of them might come in handy and could save your life. It should be exciting to dive into DayZ again, as hopefully, the 1.17 patch has made the standalone game, a more well-rounded version of itself.
So what's your thought on DayZ's new update? Let us know in the comments below or over on our socials here!